READY TO APPLY FOR YOUR GI BILL BENEFITS?
Education Benefit Payment Rates
Find the latest payment rate information for educational assistance allowances.
GI Bill Education Benefit Payment Rates
Verify My Attendance
Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)
IUPUI Enrollment Certification Form (Formerly Blue Card)
Chapter 35, Dependents Educational Assistance Program
Eligibility: Any spouse or dependant of a veteran that was killed in the line of duty or classified by the VA as 100% permanently disabled.
Child of a Disabled Veteran Program and Public Safety Officer Supplemental Grant Program (CVO) Remission of Fees
The Child of a Disabled Veteran Program and Public Safety Officer Supplemental Grant Program (CVO) provides tuition and fee assistance for eligible children of disabled Indiana veterans, eligible children and spouses of certain members of the Indiana National Guard killed on active duty, and eligible children and spouses of certain Indiana public safety officers killed in the line of duty. The grant pays 100% of undergraduate tuition and some mandatory fees as a supplement to other state financial aid.
If your parent is a 100% disabled veteran or died due to a service-related injury you may be eligible for both Indiana and Federal benefits. Contact the Office for Veterans and Military Personnel with questions pertaining to eligibility. You must also file a FAFSA (U.S. Department of Education, FREE Application for Federal Student Aid) to receive this benefit.
Chapter 33, Post 9/11 GI Bill
Eligibility: Anyone who served under Title 10 orders after September 11, 2001. Percentage of eligibility based on time served active duty.
Late fees and penalties waived.
- Veterans who are using the Post 9/11, Chapter 33 GI Bill benefit will be exempt from late payment fees since it is recognized that payments from the VA are expected to be applied to your IUPUI Bill later than our published deadlines.
- Following payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs on your account, please pay any remaining amount, either from tuition and fees not covered by your GI Bill or from charges unrelated to tuition and fees (i.e., JagBucks, Recreation Fee, etc. ).
- If you have any questions about your account, please contact the Office of the Bursar at 317-274-2451 or via email at email@example.com. You may also inquire in person at the Office of Financial Aid Services, located on the 2nd Floor of the Campus Center.
Chapter 30, Montgomery GI Bill
Eligibility: Any enlisted member that paid $1200 to GI Bill while on Active Duty.
Chapter 1606, Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve
Eligibility: Any National Guard or Reservist currently in good drilling status with there unit.
Chapter 1607, Reserve Edcational Assistance Program (REAP)
Eligibility: Any National Guard or Reservist that has been called to Active Duty under Title 10 orders since September 11, 2001.
Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
Eligibility: Any veteran or service member with a disability rating of 20% or higher deemed eligible by a VA Voc Rehab Counselor.
Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service
Yellow Ribbon Program
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- IUPUI is a participating Yellow Ribbon Program School
- As of August 1, 2011 only those who are currently admitted as Nonresident students and are eligible for Chapter 33 at the 100% tier will need to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- All other students, even Graduate and Professional, should have their full tuition and applicable fees covered if they are eligible for Chapter 33 at the 100% tier.
- IUPUI will pay as much as $4,000 annually, to be matched dollar for dollar by the VA
- An Yellow Ribbon Application (PDF link above) need only be completed one time. Once you have been given funds under the program, you will continue to receive funds until benefits are exhausted, the student graduates or the student sits out for a full Fall or Spring term.
- For more information, please visit the Veteran's Administration Yellow Ribbon Program page.
Getting Started: Apply
To receive Montgomery GI Bill educational benefits at IUPUI, follow these steps:
- Complete an application for GI Bill benefits online
- The VA will need 8 to 10 weeks to process this application.
- Questions regarding entitlement/eligibility should be directed to 1-888-GIBill1 (1-888-442-4551).
- If you have received benefits at a prior school see a VA Certifying Official with the Office for Veterans and Military Personnel to ask for a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, form 22-1995
- Apply for admission to IUPUI
- Be sure to provide Admissions with all necessary documentation from your prior military training
- DANTES/Clep test results
- College transcripts of any work done at other schools
- Register for classes
- If you are a first time student with IUPUI, you will register for classes during new student orientation.
- Returning students will be able to register via OneStart during the Open Registration period.
- Complete a Veteran Request for Enrollment Certification in the Office for Veterans and Military Personnel
- If this is your first time filing for benefits be sure to bring:
- A copy of your DD-214 Member 4 form
- Notice of Basic Eligibility, DD form 2384 (for Reservists and National Guard members)
- Kicker Incentive Contract (if eligible)
- Certificate of Eligibility (if application for benefits has already been submitted and approved by VA)
- A BLUE CARD MUST BE COMPLETED EACH SUBSEQUENT SEMESTER YOU WISH TO RECEIVE BENEFITS.
- The VA Certifying Official with the Office for Veterans and Military Personnel will then file the claim with the Regional Processing Office in St Louis. Claims for VA Voc Rehab will be sent to the VA Voc Rehab counselor for processing.
- The VA will mail all correspondence such as payment amounts to the address provided on your application/Blue Card.
- Payments for all GI Bill benefits will be sent via direct deposit if account information was provided. If your address has changed you must notify the VA immediately at 1-888-GIBill1 (1-888-442-4551).
- Even though you may be eligible for GI Bill benefits, it is still your responsibility to insure that your Bursar bill is paid.
- Payments will mailed or directly deposited after the close of each month.
- Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 must verify their enrollment with the VA via WAVE or by calling 1-877-VA-E-CERT (1-877-823-2378). Payment will be issued within 3 to 5 business days of verification.
- Chapter 31 will be automatically sent at the close of each month. Checks will be mailed unless Direct Deposit has been set up specifically for Chapter 31 benefits.
- Should you make any adjustments to your schedule, notify the VA Certifying Official within the Office of the Registrar as soon as possible to avoid an over-award of GI Bill payments.
- If your address is changed, you will need to contact both the Regional Processing Office with the VA at 1-888-GIBill1 (1-888-442-4551) as well as the VA Certifying Official within the Office of the Registrar.
- For additional questions or information, feel free to contact the IUPUI Certifying Official at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-278-9163.