Work-Study Allowance Program
The Work-Study Allowance Program offers an additional non-taxable allowance to students in return for performing VA-related activities. It serves as a supplemental VA education benefit and often provides the additional funding that allows a student to pursue and accomplish educational goals.
Work-Study students earn an hourly wage equal to the federal minimum wage, or the state minimum wage, whichever is greater. The earnings the student receives under this program is not considered as income and should not be mentioned as such.
To participate in the Work-Study Allowance Program, the student must be receiving benefits
under one of the following education programs:
• Title 38, U.S.C., Chapter 30: The Montgomery GI Bill
• Title 38, U.S.C., Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
• Title 38, U.S.C., Chapter 32: The Post-Vietnam Era Veterans’ Educational Assistance
• Title 38, U.S.C., Chapter 33: The Post-9/11 GI Bill / Fry Scholarship
• Title 38, U.S.C., Chapter 35: Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program
• Title 10, U.S.C., Chapter 1606: The Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve
Also, the student must be enrolled in and pursuing an approved college degree, vocational or
professional program of education at a rate of 3/4 time or greater.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header 'WORK-STUDY APPLICATION'